Monday, August 13, 2012

In the Heat of the Summer Sun

I haven't updated here in a really long time while, so I thought I'd... you know, update. :) Hmm... what should I say? I don't know.

I'm glad summer is here. Summer is hands-down my favorite season. I love everything about it. The warmth, the heat, the sun... getting to wear T-shirts and shorts and flip flops and light, airy clothes... going to the beach (see above!) and on vacation... eating ice cream, licking it furiously so it doesn't melt all over your hands... watching sunsets in the evening... yes, that all sounds pretty good to me. And then constantly, there's just this atmosphere I can't put into words. Like a mixture of freedom and happiness and fun. It doesn't exist when it's fall or winter or spring. Summer is the only time.

I'm going on vacation in a/for a few days. Thursday to Sunday. It should be pretty pleasant and fun and relaxing. I'm pretty excited about it... it'll be my first vacation of the summer. First vacation in about a year, actually. I just hope I'm lucky with the weather!

I have one more thing to say before I go, it's pretty off-topic. It concerns Awesomeology and where it stands as a website. Well, here goes. You have probably noticed that I rarely update here anymore (three months since my last post, wow...). This is for a mixture of reasons. Honestly, I don't really feel like it 99% of the time. The 1% of the time I do, is when I update, like today. But usually I just don't want to. There's no desire there. So I don't. I don't like pushing myself to do things I don't want to do. There always seems to be something better - more productive, or sometimes just plain more fun - to do. And when given the choice, why would you pick to do something less enjoyable?

I'm not going to delete Awesomeology. I probably never will. I may update extremely sporadically, I may never update. (Although I probably will.) I'm just tired of feeling guilty for not doing it, and even guiltier for not wanting to do it. I know I shouldn't, because seriously, who cares, but I can't help it, my mind just makes me feel guilty anyway. I don't even have a reason to feel guilty! Still.

Wow, if you read all that, I'm seriously impressed because that was some boring word puke, right there. Invisible-telepathic-online-hug for you!

I suppose that's all.

I guess I'll see you... whenever!

2 comments:

monica: omg hi
monica: what 2k u so long?
monica: we were suposd 2 meet up like an hr ago
monica: r u even here?
monica: RESPOND
monica: puhLEASE
monica: ugh! where r u?
monica: wh@ever, nvm.
monica: leave a comment tling me where u went.
Monica has left the chatroom.

did you like that post? try these:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...